As more companies engage directly with their customers through loyalty programs, social engagement, digital marketing, and gamification, the quantity of user data insights available to marketing professionals is growing exponentially. How can user data insights be used effectively to improve the bottom line? Here are seven strategies for making the most of your user data insights:
- Create webinars and presentations that provide value and connect you to users. User data insights and data analytics can provide a company with specific information on common questions and problems that users face. This allows a business to create targeted presentations that address these questions in a helpful way that encourages more engagement and interaction.
- Develop the right AI bots. This type of artificial intelligence improves every year. AI bots are continually getting better at understanding users’ needs and providing useful information in conversational language people appreciate.
- Improve customer service. Customer service is always a challenge, but user data insights can provide valuable ways of understanding what customers are looking for and how to best serve their needs.
- Customize marketing content to reach a target audience. In the past, marketing had to be more of a scattergun approach, with ads that would appeal to as large a demographic as possible. Now user data insights allow for marketing that zeros in on very precise demographics in ways that reach them. This provides users and customers with precisely what they’re looking for, while also giving businesses better results for their marketing strategies.
- Better track user engagement. It can be difficult for a marketer to know when a prospective customer is getting ready to buy, particularly online, or when a potential customer is getting turned off. User data insights allow a business to automatically hunt for and track signals that improve customer actions and drive sales.
- User data insights can forecast sales. This kind of data analytics provides businesses with the ability to more accurately predict when customers will buy, know when products will be considered obsolete, and accurately predict what types of new products many customers will be interested in. Not only can a business learn what customers might want, but they can predict when customers might want them.
- Personalize the user experience. Improved online experience will bring a customer back and increase loyalty and engagement. Many user data insights can be leveraged to personalize the experience for every customer, based on information they opt in to provide.
Collecting data is great, but data by itself is useless without the right analysis to know what to do with it. Using data analytics wisely and insightfully is a key marketing strategy for improving a business’ sales, customer engagement, and online brand presence.