As technology changes, so does the jobs that many of us have. And while there are many examples of how a new or emerging technology has created a new segment of jobs, one of the most fascinating is the drone industry and all of the opportunities that are now available to those who want to pursue this interest.
From sales of the more expensive quadcopters to the needed drone repair services, an entire industry has emerged around unmanned flying vehicles that are used in surveying, product delivery, and military defense. And while few of us may ever really fly an expensive quadcopter ourselves, it is very likely that a number of us will rely on delivery methods that employ cost effective and time efficient drone delivery methods.
Drone Technicians Play Important Roles in a Variety of Industries
A decade ago the topic of the best places to fly your drone may have seemed like nothing but a hobby, this unmanned flying technology now plays a number of roles in our world. An unmanned aerial vehicle, more commonly called a drone, is any aircraft that is piloted by remote control or onboard computers. And while the use and sales of these items have continued to increase, it should come as no surprise that the number of regulations surrounding these vehicles have also increased.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the drone industry, its most common uses, and the impact that this technology has on the nation’s economy:
- Drone sales increased 63% between the years 2014 and 2015.
- Registrations of drones with the Federal Aviation Administration have reached 770,000.
- One of the most basic FFA guidelines for drone flying is that a UAV may not be flown above 400 feet.
- Numbers indicate that drone sales are also a popular recreational trend. In fact, approximately 400,000 drones were purchased for Christmas presents in the year 2015.
- Estimates indicate that between the years 2016 and 2020, sales of small hobbyist drones were expected to rise from 1.9 million to 4.3 million.
- Sales and services contribute to the fact that the drone industry is now worth $3.3 billion.
In today’s world, DRONES are an a technology that is opening many new jobs, as well as services. From sales of quadcopters to an increasing need for the number of drone service centers, this is another example of how a new technology can help create jobs as well as provide servies to a number of industries.