If you own a boat and are looking for boat flooring options, there are many different types to consider, each with their own pros and cons; one such type is eva flooring. Eva stands for ethylene vinyl acetate. What this means is that it’s a woven boat flooring that is soft, but resilient. A few benefits of this type of flooring are:
- It is a UV resistant, and will last without fading for many years. Additionally, this helps protect the deck underneath it from ultraviolet damage as well.
- Eva flooring is resistant to corrosion, and won’t damage even after frequent exposure to water. These mats can serve to protect an underlying wooden deck, and help keep your boat in better condition, for longer than other types of boat carpets.
- It is more comfortable than an uncovered wooden deck. Being soft to the touch, it is easier to walk on, and if you have kids on your boat you won’t have to worry about them tripping on a hard surface.
- Compared to other carpet for boats, it is easier to install. There are no special techniques to use when placing down the mats. While you can have a professional installation done, in many cases you can DIY the project.
- There are many different styles and patterns that you can purchase to suit your needs. Many boat enthusiasts are fond of the faux teak option available in this material, as it mimics the sleek look of teak wood, without the steep price tag that comes with it. The maintenance of this option is also a lot less than traditional wood.
- Carpet for boats, over time and exposure to water, can become moldy and full of mildew, which can not only look bad, but can smell. With Eva flooring, there is no need to worry about water and mold growth, as it is much more resistant to water and mold growth. It won’t absorb and hold water, which means no mildew smell after water exposure. Some types of flooring even can be infused with specific scents if you are feeling particularly adventurous.
If you are looking for flooring that can bring new life to your boat, eva flooring may be the answer you’ve been looking for. It’s easy to clean, and won’t fade and accumulate mold over time. Manufacturers can provide additional resources to make selection and the installation a lot easier, so that you can get back on the water even quicker. Speak with a company near you to go over your options and see if eva flooring could be the right selection for your vessel.